As part of our Warrior Program
, when medically necessary, we may prescribe low-dose bio-identical testosterone
to restore true testosterone deficiencies
with a comprehensive and holistic treatment plan superior to “low T” clinics. Instead of the this for-that-approach, quick fix, band-aid, allopathic medicine partial solution approach, we offer you the most comprehensive care including advanced diagnostic testing for your complete health. This offers you individualized long-term solutions. We will work with you to find and treat the cause of your low testosterone and only when necessary we will prescribe a safe low dose of bio-identical testosterone.
When you have diagnosed with low testosterone this means your testicles simply are not producing enough testosterone anymore. This can be nerve wracking for some men to admit. Yet it can occur at almost any age in the adult male. There can be several causes.
What are the benefits of Male Hormone Replacement Therapy?
The benefits of restoring testosterone levels are clear, and supported by modern medical research to be both cardioprotective and neuroprotective for long-term health. (You must be signed up for our Warrior Program to be eligible for any prescription medications including testosterone. We do NOT just see patients for only 1-2 visits).
By replacing deficient levels of testosterone, adult males can feel more alert, energetic, mentally cognizant, and sexually functional. Most men come simply feel tired, lack the sexual energy, cardiovascular stamina and strength they had years before their health took a turn for the worst. However, without careful guidance and professional treatment, these patients may face higher risks of cardiac problems if administered low dose testosterone without proper guidance by a highly skilled physician in this sub-specialty of endocrinology. This is why all male patients are screened for cardiovascular disease risk biomarkers (internal link to Cardiovascular Disease page here) with a blood test prior beginning Testosterone Therapy at Apollo Health Clinic. Your safety will always comes first.
Why Dr. Samuel Madeira for your Male Hormone Health?
Dr. Madeira has seen over 4,300 male patients for hormone imbalance and low testosterone and adrenal hormone problems. He treats not only the low testosterone, but screens his patients for low thyroid, adrenal, and life saving advanced cardiovascular testing for his patients, and gastrointestinal health conditions as well as micronutrient deficiencies and mitochondrial health biomarkers. His aim is to find and treat the cause of your low hormone levels and he pledges not to stop working for you until every stone has been left over turned. His colleagues consult with him regularly for his clinical hormone health expertise. And frankly, his is approach is safe, effective, and you will get results.
The Medicine: Compounded Testosterone
Typically at Apollo Health Clinic, Dr. Madeira prescribes compounded testosterone cypionate or propionate, which are compounded in a licensed compounding pharmacy and injected intramuscularly in the gluteus medius or thighs or applied as a topical cream or gel. All testosterone prescribed at Apollo Health Clinic is bio-identical, meaning similar to your endogenous molecule of testosterone, and from a FDA 503B Registered PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacy, making it a safe and effective treatment.
Testosterone itself is anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, increases brain and heart health as well as sexual health, musculoskeletal health, and energy levels.
Signs of Low Testosterone in Men
- Depression / Anxiety
- Compromised self-confidence
- Trouble concentrating
- Disturbed sleep
- Lowered sex drive
- Difficulty sustaining or achieving an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Use of viagra or levetra (past or present)
- Decreased muscle or bone mass
- Increased body fat
- Fatigue – decreased energy and endurance
- Flushing/hot flashes
- Swollen, tender, or enlarged breasts (gynecomastia)
- Lower work performance
- Decreased exercise or sports performance
- Joint Pains and Inflammation
Take this short quiz to find out if you have signs of low testosterone. (Please Insert yes or no boxes)
- Do you experience less enjoyment for your life than you did 6-12 months ago?
- Do you suffer from lower confidence?
- Is it hard to stay on task during the day?
- Do you wake up well rested? Do you have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep?
- Do you have decreased interest in sex? Do you have sex less than 1 time per week?
- Is it difficult for you to sustain or achieve an erection?
- Have you taken Viagra or similar medications to achieve an erection recently?
- Are you suffering from Osteoporosis or osteopenia? Or frequent bone fractures?
- Are you struggling with weight loss and especially excess body fat or abdominal fat?
- Do you run out of energy before the day runs out? Can you function without caffeine during your busiest days?
- Do you ever have night sweats or hot flashes?
- Do you have tender or enlarged breasts?
- Are you unable to crush it at work?
- Are you too tired to exercise when you want to? Have you stopped going to the gym, or playing sports you used to enjoy?
- Do you fall asleep on your couch or bed after or before dinner?