Who Is This Weekend Retreat For?
This weekend is intended for beginner to intermediate herbal and health enthusiasts. Advanced herbal students and practitioners may benefit from the program as well, as it is a rare opportunity to work with live medicinal plants on an organic certified herb farm in Northwest Montana.
- Herbal medicine identification and herbal medicine-making classes (over 20 hours)
- Hydrotherapy: two evenings of contrast hydrotherapy experience
- All organic vegetarian meals
- Yoga classes: one hour each Saturday and Sunday
- Herbal medicine-making supplies
- Completed herbal medicine products to take home
- Herb walk in Glacier National Park
- Meditative and contemplative time in nature
Arrival Time: Friday, September 6th — Check in to rooms and tents from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Dinner and opening announcements at 7 p.m.
Departure: Tuesday, September 10th by 10 AM. More details on length of stay: The retreat will be complete by Tuesday morning at 10:00 a.m. You are welcome to book a full week at the Retreat Center from Friday, September 6th to Tuesday, September 10th to allow more time for exploring Glacier National Park, Whitefish, Flathead Lake, and other surrounding natural wonders.
Price Per Person: $399 (not including lodging)
General Retreat Packing List:
- Ballpoint pen (or favorite pen) and a journal with plenty of room to take notes
- Cell phone (It’s fine to record sessions with your cell phone video and camera, but please make sure to keep your phone off or on silent during the teaching sessions.)
- Toothpaste, shampoo, soap, and other toiletries
- Bug spray (Please bring natural bug spray.)
- Sun hat or baseball cap and sunglasses
- Bathing suit, flip flops, and a towel
- Warm clothes for cold nights
- Rain coat in case it rains
- Day pack for hiking
- Hiking boots for our day hike
- Two one-quart water bottles for daily use and day hike
- An excited outlook and readiness to learn!
What to Leave at Home: Pets, children, computers (there is no Wi-Fi in the retreat center or campsites), drones, work stress
Glacier National Park International Airport in Kalispell, Montana is less than a 20-minute drive from SpiritWorks Herb Farm.
- SpiritWorks Herb Farm is about a 45-minute drive from West Glacier, Montana, the west entrance to Glacier National Park, which is one of the top 20 most beautiful places in the lower 48 states and has been voted one of the top 20 most beautiful places to visit in the world by some travel blogs!
- The farm is about a 2.5-hour drive from St. Mary, Montana, the east entrance to Glacier National Park.
- Downtown Whitefish is a short 15-minute drive north on Highway 93, and downtown Kalispell is about a 22-minute drive south on Highway 93.
Average Weather in September in Whitefish, Montana: Daily high temperatures are expected to be up to 74° F with a low of 40° F at night. Be prepared for a day of 65° F or a day of 95° F, though!
We will spend the mornings and afternoons (2-hour learning sessions) on Saturday and Sunday learning how to identify medicinal plants and their properties, and you will make your plant medicines (topical creams, salves, teas, and tinctures). You will take your herbal medicine home with you. You will also have scheduled time to sit and meditate with your medicinal plant of choice on the farm. Monday will include a group hike in Glacier National Park to complete the long weekend. Hydrotherapy sessions: Both Saturday and Sunday evenings after dinner, optional hydrotherapy — hot soaks with cold plunges — will be available for all who want to experience a hydrotherapy cleansing experience.
Saturday & Sunday Schedules
Morning yoga Breakfast: Eat together in the kitchen. Morning announcements.
Morning learning sessions: Split into two groups of 10 people each — one group with Katya and one group with Sam.
Lunch: Eat together in the kitchen.
Meditative time with your plant of choice: Sit with your medicinal plant, observe it, and note your observations in your journal. We urge you to sit with the same plant all weekend during these sessions.
Afternoon learning sessions: Groups switch herbal medicine instructors from the morning.
Free time: Sit with your plant or rest and integrate your learnings.
Dinner: Eat together in the kitchen.
Free time: Journal and walk around the farm.
Optional hydrotherapy: At the Oasis with Sam.
Leave early in the morning after breakfast together for our Glacier National Park group hike with brown paper bag packed lunches. Dinner together on the farm after the hike, then closing remarks.
About Your Hosts
Step 2 – Book your lodging with SpiritWorks Retreat Center using our PayPal button below: NOTE: You must book your lodging at SpiritWorks Retreat Center to create the environment of our group. Please do not book directly through the SpiritWorks Farm website. Use our PayPal button below to book.
|Rooms at SpiritWorks Farm||Bed||One Night w/o Discount||Bed Size||Other Features||Cost -10% Discount x4 Nights||Details|
|Eagle’s Nest Tower||$150||Queen||Bureau||$540.00||View Details|
|Stag Room||$99||Twin||$356.40||View Details|
|Lavender Room||$122||Queen||Desk||$439.20||View Details|
|Rose Room||$111||Queen||Desk||$356.40||View Details|
|Squash Tower||$108||Twin||$356.40||View Details|
|The Womb Tower||$122||Full||Bureau||$439.20||View Details|
|Calendula Room||$122||Queen||Bureau & Desk||$439.20||View Details|
Select your room: When redirected to PayPal, you can either check out or, if you need to book multiple rooms, you can click Continue shopping > to return to this page.
Your Cart: You can check out or view your PayPal cart using the button below